When I moved to NYC there were two fashion experiences I wanted to have-attend fashion shows during NY Fashion Week and take advantage of some sample sales. Sample sales are held periodically throughout the year, by most designers and retail outlets, in order to move out excess merchandise or garments. Generally, the prices are anywhere from 50% to 80% of the original retail prices. Of course, one must remember that certain designer pieces can run well over $3000 so sample sale items can still run from anywhere to $100 or less, or to that of $300/$400+. So first, I am going to provide a list of all of the sample sales I have researched and compiled for June, with all of the details as well. I will likely add to this list so remember to check my events page often, but I will also likely send out facebook alerts and tweets. Following the list below, check out a few tips and pictures I have gathered as I went out on my own sample sale adventures these past few weeks.
Saturday, June 1
- Shipley & Halmos, 12 pm-6 pm, 8 Greene St., 2nd Floor, LAST DAY
- Archetype Showroom-Various Designers: Veda, Public School, LNA, Won Hundred, Porter Grey, Lot 78, Obesity & Speed, Nanushka, and Giejo; 12 pm-7 pm, 676 Broadway, 2nd Floor LAST DAY
- Nifty Thrifty Warehouse Sale: LAST DAY; 10-6; 338 Berry St. Vintage designer and rare vintage finds. Prices are 50 to 80 percent off. Dresses $20. Skirts $15. Blouses $15. T-shirts $10. Denim, pants, and shorts $10. Accessories $15.
- Vince, Sat. 10 am-7 pm, Sun. 10 am-5 pm, 75 9th Ave. (Chelsea Market) ENDS JUNE 2ND.
- Intimacy; Sat. 11 am-8pm; Sun. 10 am-4 pm; 260 5th Avenue; ENDS JUNE 2ND.
- AG Adriano Goldschmied; everyday 11am-7pm; ENDS JUNE 2ND.
- Showroom Seven: various designers-Erickson Beamon, Issa London, Imitation, Bloch, Liebeskind, Charlotte Ronson, Twenty Cluny, Johnny Was, B-low The Belt, Eugene is my Middle Name, and more; Mon-Fri (10am-7pm), Sat (11am-6pm), Closed on Sundays; ENDS JUNE 7TH.
- Pal Zileri-men’s designer; closed Sat & Sun; 10 am-6 pm; 50 W 57th St., 2nd Floor; ENDS JUNE 7TH.
- Emilio Visconti: various designers-warehouse clearance sale-Women’s samples from Prada, Alexander McQueen, Gucci, Valentino, Armani, Roberto Cavalli, Dolce & Gabbana, Emilio Pucci, Missoni, Versace, Christian Dior, Balanciaga, Blumarine, Fendi and more. MaxMara; Men’s samples from Ermenegildo Zegna, Versace, Paul & Shark, Canali, Visconti, Brunello Cuccinelli, D & G, Luciano Barbera, Loro Piana, Armani, and more; M-F 10:30-6; 48 West 37 Street; 11th floor; ENTIRE MONTH OF JUNE
Sunday, June 2
- Helmut Lang, Sun. 10 am-6 pm, Mon. 11 am-8 pm, Tues. & Wed. 11 am-7 pm, 261 W 36th St., 2nd Floor at Clothingline-ENDS JUNE 5TH.
- Wearhouseny–OUT OF NYC; various designers-Chloe, Moschino, Marchesa & more; 8 Hicks Lane; Great Neck, NY; Sun. 11-5, Mon & Tues 9:30-6;
Monday, June 3
- Sunner, Everyday 8:30 am-7 pm, 265 W 37th St., 7th Floor, at Noetic Showroom; ENDS JUNE 4TH.
- Ralph Lauren, Mon.-Wed. 9 am-6:30 pm, Thur. 9 am-5 pm, 317 W 33rd St. at Soiffer Haskin, ENDS JUNE 6TH.
- Autumn Cashmere, Mon.-Thur. 9 am-7 pm, Fri. 9 am-6 pm, 231 W 39th St., ENDS JUNE 7TH.
- Circle Maternity, Mon.-Thur. 9:30 am-5 pm, Fri. 9:30 am-3 pm, 347 W 36th St., Ste. 601, ENDS JUNE 7TH.
- Coolchange, Mon.-Fri., 10 am-6 pm, 231 W 39th St., Ste. 918 at Circle Showroom-Designers include Jules & Jim, Louis Valcourt, Preggers, Plush and more, ENDS JUNE 7TH.
- J. Rosen Showroom-Various Designers: Lspace, PilyQ, Despi and Ipanema; everyday 10 am-6 pm; ENDS JUNE 7TH.
- 7 West NY: Building sample sale. Participating showrooms include:Twos Company, Depeche Mode NY, Createx, Thompson Ferrier, Regence Home LLC, Pavana Watches, Jovi Home, Almax, Vance Kitira International, Ecoarts USA, Tango / A feldman Collection, J.T. Rose & Co., Richard Cohen Collection, Milagros Imports, Red Vanilla, Testrade, Leg Resources. YOTTOY Productions, Cosmic inc.; 9 am-5:30 pm; 7 W 34th St.; ENDS JUNE 7TH.
Tuesday June 4
- Joie, Current/Elliott, Equipment; Tues. 9 am-7 pm, Wed. & Thur. 10 am-8 pm, Fri. 10 am-7 pm, Sat. 10 am-4 pm; 260 5th Ave., Ground Floor; ENDS JUNE 8TH.
- Yestadt Millinery, Daily 12pm—8pm. 129 Rivington St; ENDS JUNE 5TH.
- PONO by Joan Goodman, Mon—Fri 9am—6pm, closed Sat and Sunday. 347 W. 36th St., Ste. 405; ENDS JUNE 14TH.
- James Jeans, Tues 9am—7:30pm, Wed 9:30am—5:30pm, Thurs 9:30am—7:30 pm. 500 Greenwich St., Ste. 202; ENDS JUNE 6TH.
- Mark Ingram Atelier: APPT ONLY so you could try & call, 212-319-6778; Designers include Oscar de la Renta, Vera Wang, Angel Sanchez, Anne Barge, Monique Lhuillier, Carolina Herrera, Marchesa, Peter Langner, Jenny Lee, Rivini, Jenny Packham and more.-BRIDAL; 10 am-8 pm; 110 E 55th St., 8th floor. ONE DAY ONLY
Wednesday, June 5
- Norma Komali; 1 DAY ONLY; 11 W 56th St.; 5 pm-7:30 pm; MUST RSVP; please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thursday, June 6
- Anni Kuan; Daily 10am—7 pm. 262 W. 38th St., Ste. 703; ENDS JUNE 7TH.
- Nicholas K; Thu—Fri 10am—7pm, Sat—Sun 11am—6pm. 91 Grand St at Greene St. ENDS JUNE 9TH.
- Giulietta, THURSDAYS ONLY, 10 am-7 pm, 137 Grand St., 5th Floor, ENDS JUNE 27.
- Veda; Thurs—Fri 10am—7pm, Sat 11am—6pm. 412 Broadway at Canal St, fifth floor; NO END DATE YET.
Sunday, June 9
- La Perla; Sun 1pm—5pm, Mon—Thurs 11am—7pm. 225 Fifth Avenue; ENDS JUNE 13TH.
Monday, June 10
- Alice & Olivia; Mon 12pm—8pm, Tues—Thurs 10am—8pm, Fri 9am—4pm. 260 Fifth Avenue; ENDS JUNE 14TH.
- LOL Kids; Mon—Fri 10am—6pm, Sat—Sun 10am—5pm. 22 W. 21st St ; ENDS JUNE 30TH.
Tuesday, June 11
- Gerard Yosca; Tues 10am—7pm, Wed 10am—6pm. 256 West 38th St; ENDS JUNE 12TH.
- Tory Burch; Tues—Fri 11am—7pm, Sat 11am—5pm. Clothingline, 261 W. 36th St; ENDS JUNE 15TH.
- Alice & Olivia; 2ND LOCATION; Tues—Fri 10am—8pm, Sat 11am—7pm, Sun 12pm—6pm. 72 Greene St; ENDS JUNE 16TH.
Wednesday, June 12
- Colette Malouf; Daily 10am—8pm. 594 Broadway; ENDS JUNE 13TH.
- Ben-Amun: 12 pm-6 pm; 246 W 38th St, Ste. 12a; ENDS JUNE 13TH.
- Pas de Calais; Wed—Fri 10am—6pm. 231 W. 39th St., Ste. 924; ENDS JUNE 14TH.
- Parker; Daily 9am—6pm. 234 W. 39th St., 3rd Floor; ENDS JUNE 14TH.
- Tocca; Daily 11:30am—7:30pm. 542 W. 22nd St.; ENDS JUNE 14TH.
- eM Productions; Daily 10am—7pm. 636 Broadway at Bleecker St, suite 720; ENDS JUNE 14TH.
Friday, June 14
- Indie Designers: 1 DAY ONLY; In God We Trust, Fischer Clothing, Ilana Kohn, Doug Johnston, Titania Inglis, Ariana Bohling, Wake, and Degen; 6pm—12pm. Textile Arts Center, 26 W. 8th St
Tuesday, June 18
- J. Crew: Tues—Sat 10am—9pm, Sun 12pm—5pm. 260 Fifth Ave; ENDS JUNE 23RD.
- Lilla P: Tues—Fri 8am—8pm, Sat 10am—6pm, Sun 10am—4pm. 402 W. 13th St; ENDS JUNE 23RD.
Thursday, June 20
- Rachel Zoe; everday 10am to 7pm; Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave.; ENDS JUNE 23RD.
Saturday, June 22
- Ippolita: Sat—Sun 9am—6pm, Mon—Tues 9am—7pm. Soiffer Haskin, 317 W. 33rd St; ENDS JUNE 25TH.
Tuesday, June 25
- Isaia: Tues—Thurs 10am—7pm, Fri 10am—1pm. 225 Fifth Ave; JUNE 28TH.
Friday, June 28
- Yosi Samra; Daily 9am—7pm. 515 Greenwich St; ENDS JUNE 29TH.
May has come and gone and there were plenty going on that month as well. If I am still blogging next year, I will get as many dates as I can and as soon as I can. There are some that are just impossible to get into. For instance, Christian Louboutin I have heard you need an invite and even then, it can still be super-crowded and there are rules to follow. I am sure there are plenty of other big sample sales where you will face the problems such as rough crowds and long lines. I would say if its a big name designer, try to get there the 1st day as early as you can. Also, avoid lunch time of 12-1:30 and 5-6 as people are getting of of work. If the sale is multiple days, the earlier is always better, but if its 3 days or more, then chances are stock will be replenished so keep that in mind. Plus, you can always go more than once.
The few I have been to however, were not quite as hectic. So never think its not worth going. The first I went to was for Christian Siriano, but I ended up seeing there were multiple designers there, such as Valentino, Badgley Mischka and Marchesa.
I am not certain if this is always the case, but thus far, with the sales I have attended, there was great organization. Male and female sections, sizes sectioned off and the prices were clearly marked.
The longer into the sample sale, chances are most of the merchandise will be picked through so it might be harder to find your right size or a really good discount. However, again, be mindful again that several day sales are likely to put out additional stock!
The sales I have attended were also courteously staffed. Will this always be the case-I doubt it. I’m sure this is a stressful time for these employees so best to keep that in mind and remember it is a sample sale!
If the sale is for multiple designers, if again you are going later in the day or later in the range of days, the designer you are looking for might be gone. In this type of case, there may not be any replenishing so try and go sooner.
It is not always clear how one might pay. I would come prepared because some may take cash or credit, while others might be only one option.
Dressing rooms are a plus, but not always on-site or not always large in number. Good idea would be have a great idea on your size or just make it work where you can as sample sales are generally final sales.
- A sample sale to brighten up your Sunday (inspiremeamy.wordpress.com)
- M Missoni S/Sâ11 Sample Sale at ASOS (myfashioncents.com)
- One Day Designer Sample Sale!!!!! (trueromanticabridal.wordpress.com)
- Sample Sale – Grey Cotton/Linen Pouch (keyka.typepad.com)
- Alexander Wang Sample Sales 2013 (readnickhsu.com)
- Kate Spade Sample Sale! (myfashioncents.com)
- Alexander Wang Sample Sale: Five-Day Frenzy (snobessentials.com)
- Sample Sale!! (accessoryexchangenewyork.wordpress.com)
- Sample Sale Update!!! (trueromanticabridal.wordpress.com)