The 2013 CFDA Awards were held last night in NYC at Lincoln Center-Alice Tully Hall. For those of you who don’t know, the CFDA Awards, Council of Fashion Designers of America, are held each year to recognize outstanding contributions made within the American fashion industry. More about the CFDA and the full list of winners is at the conclusion of this post, but first up are my favorite looks for the evening!
Hilary wore my favorite ensemble of the evening. This is a great cocktail dress for a spring evening event. Black and white are common color combination trends and are always great choices. Helmut Lang created an effortlessly beautiful dress here with their color placements and blocking patterns. The interweaving of the 2 fabrics is just splendid. The slight split in the front was a great addition for this dress and didn’t distract from the overall aesthetic. The length was also a great decision and very much on point for the event at hand. Hilary was also styled very well with her elegant up-do and black open-toed and strapped heels.
Alessandra looks like a goddess in this long white evening gown. I guess she wanted to wear white since Labor Day hasn’t passed by yet! There is not an angle of this dress that doesn’t look great, but I have to say the back angle is my favorite. A full open back with an ever so slight strap is sheer perfection here. This is just a simple, but elegant gown and Alessandra wears it well. I also think in looking at styling, long straight locks, swept to the side, was just the perfect touch to this overall look.
Photo Credit to US Magazine-Erin Fetherston wearing her own design.
I have to sadly admit that I am not that familiar with Erin’s previous work. However, due to this eye-catching long evening gown, i will make a change and fast! Erin looks breathtakingly gorgeous in her gold waist-banded gown. This printed gown with gold and silver shimmer effects looks amazing. I love that its strapless and really shows off Erin’s neckline. I felt she really stood out on the red carpet from many others and I look forward to seeing more work from Erin in the future.
The CFDA is not-for-profit trade association, with memberships of over 400 various designers. It is by invitation only. Their mission is to further the position of fashion design as a recognized branch of American art and culture, and a few other various objectives as part of their overall mission.
Here is the full list of winners for the evening:
- Accessories Designer of the Year: Phillip Lim for 3.1 Phillip Lim
- Menswear Designer of the Year: Thom Browne
- Womenswear Designer of the Year: Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler
- Swarovski Menswear Designer of the Year: Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne for Public School
- Swarovski Womenswear Designer of the Year: Max Osterweis and Erin Beatty for Suno
- Swarovski Accessories Designer of the Year: Pamela Love
- The Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Vera Wang
- The Media Award in honor of Eugenia Sheppard: Tim Blanks
- The Founder’s Award in honor of Eleanor Lambert: Oscar de la Renta
- The Board of Directors’ Tribute: Colleen Atwood
- The International Award: Riccardo Tisci
I am positive this would be a great award ceremony to attend so putting it on my bucket list for next year!!